Awards Guideline and Selection CriteriaAmateur Division
- Minister of Economy,
Trade and Industry Award
- Games of the Year
- Future Division
- Amateur Division
- U18 Division
All non-professionally produced works, regardless of their applicant's status (juridical entity, organization, or individual), are eligible for the awards.
- Games must comply with CESA ethics codes.
- Products must be at a playable stage of development.
- All rights related to any game for entry must belong to the applicant. Owners of any product which includes a third party's work, portrait, trademark or any other item which can be regarded as the property of a third party must have first received legitimate permission for any such item's usage.
No restrictions are imposed on the age, gender, nationality or status (corporate or organization) with the exception that all applicants must be current residents of Japan. Any number of products can be accepted for entry.
March 1 - May 31, 2023 Application must arrive during the above period.
- Grand Award (1 title) Award money: 500,000 yen
- Award for Excellence (number unspecified) Award money: 50,000 yen
- Honorable Mention (number unspecified) Shields
Awards Selection Procedure
Several products will be nominated by the judges from the total field of entries during a first-stage (Video review) and a second-stage (trial play) evaluation session. Following this, a final judging session will be held to determine the finalists of the "Grand Award"(1 title), "Award for Excellence"(number unspecified), "Honorable Mention"(number unspecified).