The term for application has closed. Thank you very much for many applications.
The press conference and Awards Ceremony will be held at the event stage in Makuhari Messe during the "TOKYO GAME SHOW 2007" held September 20 to 23, 2007.
"Amateur Division" F 12:30PM - 1:30PM Friday, September 21, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007 - Saturday, June 30, 2007
Application must arrive in above period.
No restrictions are imposed on the age, gender, nationality or status (corporate or organization) with the exception that all applicants must be current residents of Japan.
Any number of products can be accepted for entry.
¦Professional game creator can apply for game that created when you were still amateur .
¦Anyone who receive reward for game production regardless of working for company, department as contracted or freelance or other kind of employment contract will be considered as professional game creator.
All non-professionally produced works, regardless of their applicant's status (corporate, organization or individual), are eligible for the awards.
Products that are winners or current or past entrants of other contests (except the previous CESA GAME AWARD INDIES) are also eligible for entry as well as fully completed products.
However, products also entered in other contests which ban multiple contest entries will be ruled invalid (including products whose copyright has been transferred to the organizers of other contests).
- All computer entertainment games are eligible, including those operable on consumer-oriented home videogame systems (stationary or portable-type) or personal computers, regardless of platform type.
¦ For mobile game, game which is playable from the first time of download, or requires continuous download data-packets during game-play is eligible.
This is not required but for game which will download packet during play, the quantity of packet transfer should be between 4 to 10 packetsi1packet = 128bytesjas standard.iExclude the first time download playing gamej
sPacket transfer requirementst
¡Game size must be less than 0.5MB.
¡The server to connect during playing game just stores data.
- Games must comply with CESA ethics codes..
- Products must be at a playable stage of development.
- All rights related to any game for entry must belong to the applicant. Owners of any product which includes a third party's work, portrait, trademark or any other item which can be regarded as the property of a third party must have first received legitimate agreement of any such item's usage.
Product Entry Conditions
Applications require compliance with the following nine items. Failure to provide written agreement to the following terms (by failing to either sign or provide one's personal seal on 'Form 4: Applicant's Agreement') will render an application invalid. @
- Although no restrictions are imposed upon a given game's platform type, the use of any development tools employed in the game's creation must only have been made after the conclusion of an appropriate lease agreement (for such tools) between the platform manufacturer and the applicant or applying organization/company.
- Products for entry must not violate copyrights, or defame or infringe the rights of any third party. Any products failing to do so will not be accepted.
All rights related to any game for entry must belong to the applicant. Owners of any product which includes a third party's work, portrait, trademark or any other item which can be regarded as the property of a third party must have first received legitimate agreement of any such item's usage.
Products accepted for entry are limited to those which the entrant holds full exclusive rights to, including intellectual property rights.
- Please understand that media (including CD, DVD and MO) on which products for entry are provided to CESA, as well as any other attached materials, will become the property of CESA and will not be returned in any circumstances.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure the safekeeping of master files for any products submitted for entry.
Any charges incurred in the forwarding of products to CESA, including postage or delivery, will be born by the applicant.
- Award winners may be required to provide extra information about themselves and their products, and also to lend their products as well as (if possible) materials used in the product's development, depending on the needs of the awards ceremony, requests by manufacturing developers, or other reasons.
- Applicants are required to allow CESA and its authorized third parties uncharged and indefinite use of all entered products and printed publication of product images (including screen-shots) for the purposes of non-profit-making audience game trials, exhibitions, and public-relations activities for the "Japan Game Awards."
- No response will be given to inquiries about the selection of nominated or award-winning products.
Applicants of nominated or award-winning products will be informed directly of their entry's successful selection.
- CESA will relay any inquiries by third parties including manufacturing developers regarding potential commercialization of given products directly to the products' owners. @Owners will then be required to respond to the third party's inquiry independently. CESA and its authorized parties will offer no assistance in the potential commercialization of any product.
- All of the above mentioned items and all other items relevant to this event comply with Japanese law. Any related legal matters initially fall under the jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Please send the following materials (1 through 4) by post or courier service.
- Two separate copies of the product data (one serving as a spare), each on a separate piece of media.
- One video containing footage of the product being played (an approx. 5-min demonstration on VHS cassette or DVD)
or CD, DVD of movie which can be played with Windows Media Player
¦Please include your game title name, creator name (Group name) on the media.
- Controller (Optional)
If there is controller which is neccessary to play the game, please send it to us too
We will keep the controller from the day you send it to the day of selection finished (arround the beginning of August).
If it is difficult to you, please notify us inside application 's documents
Completed application forms 1 through 4
Form 1: Product Information
Form 2: Product Introduction
Form 3: Product Operation Procedure
Form 4: Applicant's Agreement .
"Japan Game Awards" Indies Division section
6F Sotokanda Bldg. 5-4-13 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021
Award selection procedure
Several products will be nominated by the judges from the total field of entries during a first-stage evaluation session (early August).
Following this, a final judging session will be held (mid-August) to determine the winner of the "Grand Award", "Award for Excellence" and "Honorable Mention"
Grand Award (1 title) Trophy and Award money: 500,000 yen
Award for Excellence (number unspecified) Trophy and Award money: 50,000 yen
Honorable Mention (number unspecified) shields
¦The awards ceremony is scheduled to be held at the event stage of the TOKYO GAME SHOW 2007 on Friday, September 21, 2007.
¦You can try playing the award-winning game at "Japan Game Award" 's booth inside of TOKYO GAME SHOW 2007.
For the preparation of testing booth and award ceremony, please kindly understand that we may need your cooperation to know all about the game, creator, lending software or also the machine parts.